Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 Art Summary


A summary of all my work this year; of course there was a whole pile to sift though, but I do believe these were my more successful pieces including (in order):

:: University Projects
Under Milkwood (short film)
Sketches for the Blue Plaque Society
Book cover for Brave New World, Aldous Huxley; The Folio Society
Spread for The Cat Maiden, Aesop's Tales
The Black Cat (short film)
Portrait of a Camel; Derwent Pencil Prize
Reworked book illustrations for Brave New World, Aldous Huxley; The Folio Society

:: Personal Projects
The Red Wedding, reversible illustration
Bohemian, experimental illustration
The Grid Method: Jennifer Lawrence, a tutorial
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt; fan illustration
Costumed Cats tiled pattern
Tea-Cloth tiled pattern
Newcastle Sunset, a work-in-progress digital painting
Grumpy Old Kayll, an experiment for a future short book
Apples and Onions, vector typography
(King Bee Projects) : Two backgrounds for Melody; TV Show; The Elves and the Shoemaker
Candyland, children's illustration to a written passage
My Miley zine contribution
Merry Christmas; penguin tree design
Autumn; a digital painting

My work has changed and varied so much that sorting through it all made me think a lot on it. An illustrator, I have been told, should have a 'style' that is inherently theirs, no matter the subject matter. I have become a jack-of-all-trades character as I have tried to overcome my weakest techniques. I know the drawing method I always use, but I also know the methods I have to use due to different jobs. We shall see how this pans out in 2014.

Happy New Year to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment