Monday, February 3, 2014

Witch Week!: Witchsona

Last week was Witch Week! and I decided to contribute since I missed out on Goblin Week. This piece evolved rapidly over the weekend, since it's the only time I assign myself personal projects. The idea is to draw yourself in a witch persona, and I had a lot of fun with all the detail. It was a big struggle getting it done though, but I managed to complete it in about 15 hours!


I've resolved to start doing more full illustrations, to place my characters in scenes and backgrounds. It takes a little more time and care than doing them separately, as I need the colours and lighting to work together, but it's not as difficult as it was 6 months ago. Overall I'm getting a lot quicker and less tense with my drawing, but I've still got a long way to go.


The goal this month is to move away from drawing ladies, and to keep up the background art and paintings. An illustrator never stops growing and improving, and I know that I'm personally not quite there yet with my work. I am definitely happier than I was a year ago, and learning to embrace colour and digital canvases. I will be exploring other genres too, to vary my work from children's illustration all the way to 'grittier' pieces, in order to push my way of working.

No comments:

Post a Comment