Monday, June 24, 2013

The Red Wedding

This year, I got into Game of Thrones. The Red Wedding scene was particularly horrific, and it made me rather sad and angry, and yet I loved watching it play out! There is something about pure evil plans that go well that is just brilliant to watch. This is why I love and loathe the Lannisters so much.

This piece is inspired by that very scene. It captures the 4 main parts: the butchering of Grey Wind and Robb Stark, the deaths of his mother and his wife, and the smug Lord Walder Grey overseeing the plan.
And who are you, the proud lord said,
that I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat,
that's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
a lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
as long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment